I am one of the clumsiest people you could get to meet so it was no surprise to anyone that knows me that I have a slight hiccup on the Mini Suzy Quilts piece I have been working on.
First I tried some FMQ, looked shocking!!! It was that bad I ripped it out before taking a picture. Then I tried using the walking foot, still bad but I thought any more unpicking and this is going to be full of holes.
So I left it, thinking I would give it a quick iron before I put some hand stitching on it.
Was that a mistake, I must have caught the iron on some plastic before when I started ironing I was left with a pretty ugly black mark on it. To say I was annoyed at myself is an understatement.
I could have just thrown it out and started again, but with this being my first quilt albeit a mini version I wanted to try to save it. So I got the frame I purchased for it and decided if I kept the Mount ( which originally I was not going to) then I could trim some off the top and try to cover it up.
I decided to make it stand out as if I have meant it to be there, luckily it covered most of the mark.
I used the triple stitch setting to secure it but also be a feature so it pushed the extra fabric up .
I then added some hand stitching on for extra effect ( I tried to make the stitching all neat but it didn’t work so I went for the ‘its supposed to be wonky look’)
and with the remaining black marks I covered it in the little stitches.
Looking at it there, I should have added a few stitches to the extra band to the green and grey section but it’s now at my daughter’s house. Probably still thrown on the stairs where she left it when I gave it her 🙁
I did re iron the piece very carefully before I fixed it in the frame, but I deleted the wrong images and only have the pre-iron stage.
Still I think it turned out rather good and I am going to do one for the kitchen next.