I have finally done it!!! It has taken me a week to actually finish this block, and I am way behind with the other blocks. I thought this summer I would catch up but with work dragging me back in, ( they really do not like me having time off I think) my sewing time has shrunk to nothing lately.
I learn better by watching people do something rather than reading about it, so I love You Tube, after watching numerous videos the one that really helped me was this one…
I had a few mishaps:
Using thick paper that wouldn’t pull out.
Ripping the stitches out when I tried to remove the paper (even with marking and bending the paper.)
Ripping the stitches out when I have used too little a piece of fabric and stitching it close to the end.
Not covering the fabric enough when I turned the fabric over.
So I stopped being frugal and used more fabric. Changed the paper to a cheaper thinner version and changed the stitch length to 1.0. Problems solved!
I have lost count of the times I have watched this video and it wasn’t until the last block that I felt I didn’t need to watch it. As you can see the block isn’t that neat and the top left corner isn’t sitting right and needs pulling out and redo doing, but for my for the first one I am pleased with it. I am not sure what I am going to do next, on the quilting front. Money is tight at the moment so no new fabric is allowed even though I have seen some gorgeous fabric on eBay. My Fabric collection is non-existent but I need to cover a trouble spot on my kitchen that the paint flakes away no matter what i try. With me being not DIY minded at all my solution is to cover it with a mini! Problem solved 😆
I have no idea what I could do for this space but I’m sure inspiration will strike 😀